Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I like baking.

Cooking healthy that is! Not to mention I'm obsessed with the millions of healthy recipes on Pinterest. I swear I will get around to all of them one day.

I wanted to share a few of my favorite recipes with my friends and family to try. Ive always been really into healthy cooking/baking. Ive found that you can really turn ANYTHING from being naughty and off limits, to healthy and fulfilling.

One of my favorite snacks are no bake cookies (popular in America, no Aussies have ever heard of them so I have kindly introduced this to them)
Basically a peanut butter oatmeal chocolate cookie. Normally made with copious amounts of butter and sugar. However I have changed around a few ingredients and also added some protein in for extra fulfillment.
TRY IT..... although, WARNING- you may eat an entire batch in one sitting.

HEALTHY NO BAKE COOKIES



Ingredients:
Cocoa powder (2 heaping tablespoons)
Coconut Oil (1/2 cup)
Natural vanilla whey protein (2 heaping scoops)
Natural sweetener (1 cup)
Natural peanut butter chunky (3/4 cup)
Vanilla Essence (1 teaspoon)
Quick Oats (2 1/2 cups)
Almond milk (1/2 cup)
Wax paper

In a large saucepan, bring to a boil sweetener, cocoa, coconut oil, and almond milk. Let boil for 1 minute, then mix in peanut butter, vanilla, 2 scoops protein powder, and oats.
Spoon out teaspoonfuls onto sheets of waxed paper, layer in tupperware container if need be. Mixture may seem as if it is not sticking together but once hardened they will. Put container straight into fridge for a couple of hours until hardened!






No comments:

Post a Comment