Monday, May 21, 2012

Live, Dream, Do, CREATE. It is NEVER too late to go for your dreams.




I love sharing my goals, dreams, and hopes for the future with my loving family and friends who support me no matter what.
Ever since I could remember, I always had BIG dreams. Growing up, everyone would say "well now you have to think realistically because that only happens one out of a million times..." as people still continue to always say. I never listened.
I knew that if I believed it, I could achieve it! As challenging as it can be sometimes when it seems like you are doing your best and nothing seems to be happening, it is tough not to lose your faith.
After making this big move to Australia and after 3 years later.. Ive finally realized. I dont want to let all of these hopes and dreams I had once just slip away. Any talents I may have, any passions that lie within me, I need to utilize and put out there into the world. If you never try, you will never know. And I never want to live years from now with any kind of regret about the things I DIDN'T do.

Singing was always one of my passions as I grew up with it being a big part in my life but when I turned 18, I went to college and tried to find a "realistic" career path to fall back on instead. I sort of lost those dreams and left them behind.
You have to go with those little nudges and signs that you may get in order to give yourself the kick in the ass that it may need to get into GEAR and GO. I have had a little nudge from within telling me to just DO it and try it, and see what happens. It may go places it may not. But at least I will be putting a piece of myself out there and making a creation no matter how big or small it may be.
Music is something I have always wanted to create; singing is a talent I have been given and I want to use it to make some sort of difference whether it is to inspire others or even just for myself. You can always hear it in the songs and the emotions behind them.
Its a hobby I hope to never leave behind again. Its all about finding the time to do it! As adults, our minds get so crowded these days with "reality" which is why a lot of the time, we forget to keep dreaming and therefore create NEW dreams.


Being fit and healthy is another thing that is on my list. There is nothing wrong with wanting to better yourself and what you have. It is all about a change in lifestyle. I loove organic and natural foods because they just make you feel better physically and emotionally. If you are too busy putting awesome things into your body that are so good for you, you won't want to go wrecking it with eating crap foods and consuming other harmful things that only make you feel slumpy and gross in the long run (although there is a time and a place for that at times! haha) There is a point I want to get at in my life where my entire cabinet and products, everything I use, are all natural with no harsh chemicals. I have done a lot of reading and research to find out what the difference is and it really is amazing what these things can do for you if you start now with taking care of yourself and ridding yourself of all the harm you have done to yourself in the past. The body's organs are always repairing themselves so when you begin to put the right things in it- even its just starting out obviously doing more good than harm, within a few years if you do your best to take care of it, you can essentially have new, fresh organs!
Ohhh I wish Whole Foods would come to Australia..... actually that might not be a good idea because good chance that is where all my money would be going.. :)
I have decided to make another goal, one of many this year to challenge myself and enter in a fitness model competition. Through this, I believe it will teach me self-discipline, more motivation, more of a drive to succeed, and show myself that with hard work and effort, I CAN do it. Reading so many motivating and inspiring stories about people out there who have completely transformed their bodies and had much more work to do than I myself could ever imagine, really makes me just want to GO for it. If THEY can do it, then I can. It will be tough and very challenging to stick to, but I can reap amazing benefits and rewards. I want to test myself and see just how hard I can push myself...

Fashion buying is something I have recently had a massive interest in. The wholesale side of things is very cool and I don't think I could ever do retail again. It is great experience for the industry but its just not for me. I don't enjoy it at all and I am not a seller, I am and always will be, a buyer :P
My first step in getting my feet wet is begining classes in order to learn the job, what it entails, how to break into the industry and so on. Fashion Marketing is something that ties into so many things. Every brand out there, anything you wear, how you express yourself, fashion trends that eventually make it into your shopping bag, ultimately SOMEONE out there picked that look for you, that got it into the stores in the first place. And this is such a cool concept to me and I can't wait to learn more about it. Who knows if it will be my avenue or not, but at this age, that is what I am trying to figure out. Nothing is wrong with putting yourself out there, learning about your interests, and seeing where it leads! Its a very exciting process.

Some girls love shoes, but I have a swimsuit/lingerie obsession. If I had it my way and had all the money in the world to spend, it would honestly probably make up 75% of my wardrobe.
I have dreams of someday creating my own swimwear/lingerie line. I used to draw and sketch when I was younger so it has always been something in the back of my mind to strive for. Learning the wholesale side and gaining experience in the Fashion Marketing industry can only help and inspire me more. Combining two of my absolute favorite "extra spends" Lingerie and Swimsuits with my name on it with a classy, sassy, unique, and sexy touch, would be an absolute dream come true!

The kind of lifestyle I have always wanted to live, is just within arms reach. I am basically already living it right now as again when I was younger, I always pictured myself living in a big city on my own yet close to the beach... One day... I will live not only near, but ON the beach.. How awesome would it be to look out and see this view every day...

MAJOR motivation to succeed!

Things are in the works.. Its all a process. Slowly but surely. If you just do things your way, believe in yourself, and stay motivated then no doubt things will start changing and happening in your favor.
If you don't like your current circumstances.. work as hard as you can to change it... that is what I am working on at the moment.. Creating the life I could only ever imagine!

Everything rolled into one.. There are soooo many things I want to do in this lifetime. And one day, I hope to be doing them all at once.

It IS possible.... I have to remind myself daily to just keep the faith.

XO
ALEXA RAE













No comments:

Post a Comment